Event Phone: 07 3846 2411
Event Trainer: Scott Zackeresen
June 12, 2024
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
9:00am – 4.30pm
$340 per person
Who should attend
Elected HSRs and deputy HSRs (Commonwealth system) who have previously completed the 5-day course.
This 1 day training course will provide an insight into legislative changes in the 2011 OHS Act. It is an opportunity for Health and Safety Representatives to update their existing OHS knowledge and skills needed to exercise their powers and entitlements as specified in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Commonwealth). Under this legislation, HSRs are permitted to select an approved training provider.
Proof of completion of initial 5-day HSR Course: If you did not complete your initial 5-day training at Safe Work College you will need to forward a copy of this certification before the course commences. Otherwise, we will be unable to provide you with a certificate.
• Your rights and responsibilities as an elected Workplace Health & Safety Representative;
• The legislative framework for Workplace Health and Safety:
• Hazards, risks, risk assessment and the hierarchy of controls;
• Issue resolution and representing members of the work group;
• Incident investigation and notification, report writing and the issuing of provisional improvement notices;
• Consultation in the workplace.
The Comcare approved training provider for this course is the ACTU. Training is delivered on behalf of the ACTU RTO.
Venue Phone: 0738462411Address: